Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My bad


Today I attempted to make French Dip Sandwiches. Attempted being the keyword here. We will see later today if they turn out. Below is the recipe (just in case you feel inclined to cook...cough...cough...mom...cough)


Ingredients:
1 (4 pound) boneless beef roast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
3 whole black peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
20 slices French bread

Directions:
1. Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
3. Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping.

As you can see, its a pretty easy recipe. I bought the ingredients last night and planned to start it first thing in the morning (the meat needs to cook for 10-12 hours). Well I forgot to make it this morning and didn't realize it until I had put Liam down for his morning nap around 10:30am. So I hurried up and put everything in the crock pot and turned it onto "low". Just now I went down stairs to check on my masterpiece and realize that my crock pot was not plugged in. The meat has been sitting out for four hours. I hope I don't make us sick. I am my mother's child.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Petie

This sounds delicious. I'm sure it will be extra tender after marinating for 4 hrs. At least you don't give up....I never let Uncle Dan give up and he's a great cook :)

Pictures of Liam....adorable. Your sister-in-law is a great photographer.

Love ya
Aunt Lisa