Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Worse Nightmare!

These past couple of days have been interesting ones. I call Lisa a couple times throughout the day to see if anything has happened with her, meaning contractions. She seemingly replies with "yeah I had one or two but nothing too serious, nothing worth timing." We went to the doctor on Monday for a checkup and they said her body still has some work to do. The nurse whispered something in her ear as we were leaving. When we got in the car I asked what she said, Lisa replied "she just told me to have a lot of sexy time." With that said.....

I am all for trying to help this baby come out asap. I recommend that her and I walk every night. As a matter of fact when we went walking on Monday night, I decided we needed to go at a fast pace. For some reason I thought this would speed things up. So without telling Lisa, I was speed walking and sure enough she had some strong contractions on the walk. During the contractions I was like "you need to walk faster, it will help." I am guess my theory didn't work, since no baby yet.

This morning I recommended we try the nurses advice. Lisa was up for it and so we proceeded to do the deed. About a minute into it I look down and see some stuff on my thing. In my head I am like "what the f is that?" and "is this baby related?" I didn't think much of it until another minute passed and then it was grossing me out. I stopped and Lisa was like "what?" I say "what's this on me?" She looked and said "Umm I am not sure but I think that might be my mucous plug." First, I about threw up in my mouth as I walked away and said "I am done," then went to the bathroom to clean up. All I could hear in the background is Lisa laughing, which didn't help!

This was my worse nightmare!!! Ever since learning about that damn thing I've been totally grossed out by it. I guess this is what I get for asking her for the past month if it has come out. Guess I don't have to ask anymore. It will never be the same.

4 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!! I sure hope your parents don't read this blog! I lost my mucous plug a few days before having Owen. It's definitely a good sign that things are moving along. Exciting!!!

Colburns said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week, you knew it was going to come back to haunt you fulltime!

Unknown said...

Seriously. I about fell over when he mentioned his "thing" You guys are hilarious. I love the back and forth between you on the blog. I can't believe you made fun of the book Nick wrote as a child. And if you name a child Jackson just keep in mind that he will have a bff with the same name :) I lost my plug on December 23rd and thought it was happening like THAT NIGHT. I was induced on January 7th....I hope things faster for you :)

Erin-lou said...

You said she SNEEZED!! Ha! serves you right.