Thursday, September 25, 2008

Imagine this...


Yesterday, I was in Austin, TX to meet with a client. Note to self never wear high heels when traveling...your boss likes to walk for miles to find a restaurant. My feet hurt, my middle toe on my left foot lost its nail, very painful by the way especially when your toes are scrunched, I was sweaty, I was tired, and I couldn't wait to get home and take my shoes off. At the airport, I grabbed my phone to see if anyone loved me. Well, some people do. I had a message from Nicole, which I need to return, I miss her so much. I also had four missed calls from my husband's work. It always worries me when the same person calls me more than twice in a row...it usually means something bad has happened. Instead of listening to his message, I immediately called him back. He sounded pleasant when he answered, while I was slightly unnerved. "What's wrong?!" I asked. "Nothing" he replied, "Didn't you listen to my message?" I replied that I hadn't and he began repeating what he had left on the message. "Imagine this" he starts off, "One year ago, we decided to go hiking Papago Peak. It was dark and I pulled out a ring..." He goes on to describe how he was nervous as heck and proposed to me. Wow, he's good. Sometimes I forget, especially when I get angry at him for not helping more around the apartment or when I am cranky cause my feet hurt, how luck I am to have a thoughtful husband who remembers to celebrate the day we got engaged. So here's a little shout out to the man who makes my dreams come true. I love u, Nick.

No comments: