Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meltdown

Last night I had a meltdown. I was so exhausted, tired, and upset. My husband had class last night which general goes from 6-9pm. Usually he stays at his parents after work so that he doesn't have to drive back and forth (his job is 5 mins from ASU) and then he comes home around 8:15-8:30 (his teacher apparently doesn't like to stay late). Yesterday was moving day. He left work early and some how convinced his parents into helping him. I got off work an hour early to help. By the time I got home the apt was pretty much empty, thank goodness. Nick finished packing the remainder of the living room crap (trust me its crap...we should just throw away) and then had to get ready for class. He left at 5:30ish and I started to clean. I thought I was going to kill my dog, he kept trying to eat my SOS pad that I was using to clean the oven.

At 8:30, I was exhausted. My back, my knees, my shoulders, and my arms were throbbing. My hands were raw from the bleach and hot water. I looked at the clock and started wondering where the heck my husband was. He had told me before he left that he would leave class early to help me clean. Yet it was now 8:32 and no Nick in sight. So I called and I called and I texted and I called some more. No answer, no response. What the heck? If he was still in class he would have texted me back. Was he in a car accident? Where was he? Didn't he know how tired I was? He said he would help me clean. Is he just hanging out at ASU? I am going to kill him, I thought, maybe I should call his parents and see if they have heard anything. I started to panic. He better be dead, skipping out on the cleaning, what a jerk. After 25 exhausting minutes, Nick walks in. I am now a widow. Sad. No but really. I was so mad at him. "Sorry my class went late and my cell phone died" he said as I started crying. Likely story, Mr Fuller...Likely story, Mr Fuller. In other notes, I think my menses will be here shortly and I think that I might have an anger problem because I always want to kill someone or something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wait til you're pregnant...I have these kinds of meltdowns on a daily (ok maybe just weekly) basis....I also start freaking out if I don't receive a text response after like 7 minutes....